Here at Challenger Elementary, we educate and provide services to approximately 900 students each year from birth to Fifth Grade. Challenger Elementary School was built in it's current location in 1994. Due to increased enrollment and the addition of everyday Kindergarten, a new Kindergarten wing was added in 2012, providing us with a total of 38 classrooms for grades K-5.
We Believe That...
- Education is the shared responsibility of the individual, home, school, and community.
- A safe environment is critical to learning.
- Each person has equal worth and we value individual differences.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Self-respect leads to respect for others.
- Each person can learn, wants to learn, and has the right to learn.
- Individuals learn in different ways.
- A supporting and caring environment promotes learning.
- Expectations and self-esteem impact performance.
- Change is an opportunity for improvement.
- Cooperation is essential in a competitive world.
- A global perspective is essential for growth and survival.
The mission of the Thief River Falls School District:
A community partnership focused on education, is to ensure quality learning, developing individual abilities within a challenging and caring environment.