Clay Target League
Advisor: Marty Peterson
The Minnesota State High School Clay Target League is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and the independent provider of shooting sports as an extra curricular coed activity to high schools for students in grades six through twelve who have their Firearms Safety Certification. Lincoln High School offers school-affiliated Clay Target League each spring.
We believe that…
- Safe and responsible handling and storage of firearms and ammunition is the first priority.
- Everyone should have fun.
- Participation is a privilege and not a right.
- Sportsmanship needs to have a constant presence.
- Students should have an equal opportunity to participate.
- Ethical behavior, dignity and respect are expected.
- Participants will be chemically free.
- Collaborative relationships with schools and students create a positive experience.
- Academic priorities must come before participation.
- Adults must serve as a positive role model to students.
- The success of the team is more important than individual honors.
- Gun clubs are critical to the success of the League and are positive business leaders in their community.
- Compliance with school, community, gun club and League rules are essential for all participants.
- Shooting sports strengthens connections within families and communities for life.
- Everything the League does will always be in the best interest of the students.