When to Keep Your Child Home
We are often asked when a parent should keep their child home from school.
Here is what is recommended as guidelines to follow, students should stay home if they have:
- Fever of 100.0˚F or greater within the last 24 hours (without any Tylenol or Ibuprofen)
- Vomiting within the last 24 hours.
- Strep Throat, Impetigo, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Pink Eye, or other communicable disesases.
- Undiagnosed rash that seems to be spreading.
- Harsh, contagious cough that may put others at risk.
- Untreated Head Lice or Nits present.
Use your discretion-Your child may not have symptoms listed above but if you feel he/she may not have a successful day at school- please keep them at home.