Career Center Specialist & Volunteer Coordinator: Jana Nelson
- Many students don’t realize there are millions of dollars in scholarships available each year, but you must locate and apply for them.
- Start early. Many students should start researching during their junior year of high school.
- Take a chance. Don’t assume you will not qualify for a particular scholarship.
- Fill out the FAFSA after January 1st. You will need to fill this out to qualify for need based scholarships.
- Attend Financial Aid Night here at LHS. Usually it is sometime in January or February.
- Check with the Financial Aid office of the college you will be attending.
- Access the spreadsheet here.
- Scholarships will be updated TWICE a month.
- Decide which scholarships you would like to apply for and pick up applications in the Career Center or inquire online.
- There are many scholarships not printed on this list. Other scholarship Web sites are available in the Career Center.
- Pick up a copy of an updated scholarship list in the Career Center.