The school board of Thief River Falls Public Schools has seven members who are elected at large, to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the U.S
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Administration Building at 230 LaBree Ave South Thief River Falls, Minnesota. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
An eligible voter must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election